As a courtesy to our patients, we will electronically file all insurance relative to dental services: Because we file electronically, all claims are filed the same day. This will dramatically speed up the process of getting your checks to you! Please have your dental cards available. It is possible that you may have misconception about dental insurance. Unlike medical insurance, dental insurance does not usually cover 100% of the charges incurred and many insurances carry a deductible. It is customary to receive the payment from you on each visit. Any payment subsequently made by your insurance company will be sent directly to you. Dental insurance is a contract between you and the insurance company; therefore, you are responsible for your entire account until it is paid. We consider ourselves dental insurance experts, and we will do everything in our power to maximize your benefits. If you have any questions, we will find the answer. Your complete service is our goal.
FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT DENTAL INSURANCE
- Dental insurance companies do not intend for their plans to cover all expenses. Their plans serve only as an aid toward acquiring better care.
- Many dental plans tell their insured that they will be covered “up to 80% or up to 100%.” In spite of what you are told, most dentists find that the majority of plans cover about 30% to 40% of an average fee. Some plans pay more – some pay less. The amount your plan pays is determined by how much you or your employer paid for the plan. The less that is paid for the insurance, the less you benefit.
- Many dental services are covered a specific number of times in a calendar year (for example, recall appointments may be covered only once every six months).
- Some insurance companies tell their clients that “fees are above the usual and customary fees” rather than saying to them “our benefits are too low.” In our office we do not view our patients as “usual and customary” but as quality people who expect quality dentistry. Remember, your insurance benefit is limited by what you or your employer pays for the plan less the profits of the insurance company.
FEES & PAYMENTS
Treatment fees and estimates are fully discussed before treatment begins. You will be pleased to know that we accept bankcards as a form of payment in our office, in addition to cash, personal checks and a new health care financial program. While maintaining a high level of professional care, we have established the following payment arrangements for our patients:
- For routine treatment (fillings, cleanings, etc.) payment is due at time of service, If insurance is involved you would pay in full and we will electronically file all your claims.
- For extended full care dentistry (dental implants).
- 5% bookkeeping courtesy for pre-payment in full. This must be complete prior to first treatment visit.
- 1/2 down prior to first treatment visit.
- Convenient monthly payments through a health care financing program.
Again, we look forward to serving you and your dental needs. Welcome to our dental health family. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask and let us help you acquire the full care dentistry you deserve. Contact our Cosmetic Dentist office today with any questions.